12 Tommy Lasorda Quotes to Celebrate the Birthday of a Baseball Star
Ready for some Tommy Lasorda quotes? His birthday is right around the corner, and I figured this was the perfect way to celebrate this baseball superstar. From pitching to managing, Tommy knows the ins and the outs of the baseball world, and he picked up quite a bit about life in general along the way. Here are twelve quotes that prove it.
[caption id="attachment_412" align="aligncenter" width="550"] 12 Tommy Lasorda Quotes to Celebrate the Birthday of a Baseball Star[/caption]
1. 'Pressure is a word that is misused in our vocabulary. When you start thinking of pressure, it's because you've started to think of failure.'
2. 'About the only problem with success is that it does not teach you how to deal with failure.'
3. 'The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.'
4. 'Eighty percent of the people who hear them (your troubles) don't care and the other twenty percent are glad you're having them.'
5. 'I walk into the clubhouse and it's like walking into the Mayo Clinic. We have four doctors, three therapists and five trainers. Back when I broke in, we had one trainer who carried a bottle of rubbing alcohol and by the seventh inning he had drunk it all.'
6. 'The only way I'd worry about the weather is if it snows on our side of the field and not theirs.'
7. 'My wife tells me one day, 'I think you love baseball more than me.' I say, 'Well, I guess that's true, but hey, I love you more than football and hockey.''
8. 'I believe managing is like holding a dove in your hand. If you hold it too tightly you kill it, but if you hold it too loosely, you lose it.'
9. 'There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happens.'
10. 'I motivate players through communication, being honest with them, having them respect and appreciate your ability and your help.'
11. 'Guys ask me, don't I get burned out? How can you get burned out doing something you love? I ask you, have you ever got tired of kissing a pretty girl?'
12. 'Managing is like holding a dove in your hand. Squeeze too hard and you kill it, not hard enough and it flies away.'
And there you have it - twelve quotes from one of the most famous people in baseball history. Whether you're a Dodgers fan or not, you have to admit that Tommy Lasorda is quite an impressive guy. Let these twelve Tommy Lasorda quotes kick off his birthday celebration.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/hobbies-articles/12-tommy-lasorda-quotes-to-celebrate-the-birthday-of-a-baseball-star-559877.html
About the Author
For more tennis quotes, check out the popular sports quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.