10 Bruce Springsteen Quotes to Celebrate the Birthday of “the Boss”
If you’re a fan of ‘The Boss’ then September is the perfect time of year for Bruce Springsteen quotes. Why? Because Bruce’s birthday is on September 23rd, and we’re ready to help him celebrate. Whether you’ve been a fan since the early years or are new to Mr. Springsteen’s music, these ten quotes will help you get to know him a little bit better.
1. ‘Blind faith in your leaders, or in anything, will get you killed.’
2. ‘Poor men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, and a king ain’t satisfied till he rules everything.’
3. ‘Music was my way of keeping people from looking through and around me. I wanted the heavies to know I was around.’
4. ‘I was nine years old when I saw Elvis on ‘Ed Sullivan’, and I had to get a guitar the next day. I stood in front of my mirror with that guitar on. . . and I knew then that’s what had been missing.’
5. ‘Basically, I was pretty ostracized in my hometown. Me and a few other guys were the town freaks- and there were many occasions when we were dodging getting beaten up ourselves.’
6. ‘I can sing very comfortably from my vantage point because a lot of the music was about a loss of innocence, there’s innocence contained in you but there’s also innocence in the process of being lost.’
7. ‘If they had told me I was the janitor and would have to mop up and clean the toilets after the show in order to play, I probably would have done it.’
8. ‘We learned more from a three minute record than we ever learned in school.’
9. ‘If my work was about anything, it was about the search for identity, for personal recognition, for acceptance, for communion, and for a big country. I’ve always felt that’s why people come to my shows, because they feel that big country in their hearts.’
10. ‘This music is forever for me. It’s the stage thing, that rush moment that you live for. It never lasts, but that’s what you live for.’
Bruce Springsteen isn’t just a good performer or a great singer. He’s actually a man of wisdom too. When he sings his songs, he’s not just doing it to entertain — sometimes he’s trying to teach us something too. These ten Bruce Springsteen quotes give us some insight into that fact.
About the Author
For more quotes related to music and musicians, check out the popular music quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in ‘Top 10’ lists of quotations in dozens of categories.