10 Hank Williams Sr. Quotes to Celebrate a Country Western Great
All real country western fans know who Hank Williams Sr. is, and it's time to commemorate the birthday of this great American singer and songwriter with ten memorable Hank Williams Sr. quotes. Think you knew the man behind the songs? These quotes give some insight as to who he really was.
[caption id="attachment_402" align="aligncenter" width="451"] 10 Hank Williams Sr. Quotes to Celebrate a Country Western Great[/caption]
1. 'I don't know what you mean by country music. I just make music the way I know how.'
2. 'You got to have smelt a lot of mule manure before you can sing like a hillbilly.'
3. 'Of the legions of Drunk Hank Stories that have amassed in his wake, not one of them takes place anywhere near a recording session. The studio was sacrosanct.'
4. 'If a song can't be written in 20 minutes, it ain't worth writing.'
5. 'I get more kick out of writing than I do singing. I reckon I've written a thousand songs and had over 300 published.'
Wondering if you know any of Hank Williams' songs? While the above quotes were spoken candidly, the thought he put into his songs also reflected some of who he was.
6. 'There's a tear in my beer, cause I'm cryin' for you dear. You are on my lonely mind.'
7. 'Your cheatin' heart, will make you weep. You'll cry and cry, and try to sleep. But sleep won't come, the whole night through. Your cheatin' heart, will tell on you.'
8. 'Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and a fillet gumbo, 'cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher amio. Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-o, son of a gun we'll have big fun on the bayou.'
9. 'Came in last night at half past ten, that baby of mine wouldn't let me in. So move it on over (move it on over). Move it on over (move it on over). Move over little dog 'cause the big dog's movin' in.'
10. 'Do you recall when we parted, the story to me you revealed. You said you could live without love dear, in your loveless mansion on the hill.'
So as September 17th rolls around, let's remember one of the most celebrated country western songwriters to ever live. He may have been a character but he was a talented character at that. Country music was forever changed by him. Let's celebrate the birth of Hank Williams Sr. with these ten Hank Williams Sr. quotes.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/art-and-entertainment-articles/10-hank-williams-sr-quotes-to-celebrate-a-country-western-great-551179.html
About the Author
For more quotes related to music and musicians, check out the popular music quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.