14 Johnny Carson Quotes to Commemorate the Birthday of a TV Legend
October 23rd will commemorate Johnny Carson's birthday, and what better way to do it than with a few great Johnny Carson quotes. Let's celebrate the years we had with a man who entertained us all. He came into our living rooms each and every week, making us laugh and creating memories to last a lifetime. These fourteen quotes are a reminder of just how much we lost the day Johnny left us.
[caption id="attachment_442" align="aligncenter" width="306"] 14 Johnny Carson Quotes to Commemorate the Birthday of a TV Legend[/caption]
1. 'Democracy means that anyone can grow up to be president, and anyone who doesn't grow up can be vice president.'
2. 'I was so naive as a kid I used to sneak behind the barn and do nothing.'
3. 'Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined.'
4. 'If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead.'
5. 'Talent alone won't make you a success. Neither will being in the right place at the right time, unless you are ready. The most important question is: 'Are your ready?''
6. 'The only thing money gives you is the freedom of not worrying about money.'
7. 'The difference between a divorce and a legal separation is that a legal separation gives a husband time to hide his money.'
8. 'I Like this quote I dislike this quote'People will pay more to be entertained than educated.'
9. 'Ronald Reagan just signed the new tax law. But I think he was in Hollywood too long. He signed it, 'Best wishes, Ronald Reagan.''
10. 'Did you know Richard Nixon is the only president whose formal portrait was painted by a police sketch artist?'
11. 'Democracy is the eagle on the back of a dollar bill, with 13 arrows in one claw, 13 leaves on a branch, 13 tail feathers, and 13 stars over its head -- this signifies that when the white man came to this country, it was bad luck for the Indians, bad luck for the trees, bad luck for the wildlife, and lights out for the American eagle.'
12. 'The worst gift is a fruitcake. There is only one fruitcake in the entire world, and people keep sending it to each other.'
13. 'If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners.'
14. 'Never use a big word when a little filthy one will do.'
Johnny made millions of us laugh, and on the day he passed those same millions took a moment to cry. Let us commemorate the birth of this amazing entertainer and celebrate his humor with the above fourteen Johnny Carson quotes.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/art-and-entertainment-articles/14-johnny-carson-quotes-to-commemorate-the-birthday-of-a-tv-legend-598363.html
About the Author
For more funny quotes, check out the popular funny quotes section of Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.