14 Father's Day Quotes for the Best Dads in the World
It's almost Father's Day and the time couldn't be better for some warm and heartfelt Father's Day quotes. After all of dad's sacrifice, hard work, love and dependability, isn't it fitting that we honor him not just with a token gift, but with some meaningful words? Here's some to get you started...
[caption id="attachment_344" align="aligncenter" width="272"] Father's Day Quotes for the Best Dads in the World[/caption]
1. 'A father carries pictures where his money used to be.' ~ Author Unknown
2. 'I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection.' ~ Sigmond Freud
3. 'It is much easier to become a father than to be one.' ~ Kent Nerburn
4. 'None of you can ever be proud enough of being the child of such a Father who has not his equal in this world - so great, so good, so faultless. Try, all of you, to follow in his footsteps and don't be discouraged, for to be really in everything like him none of you, I am sure, will ever be. Try, therefore, to be like him in some points, and you will have acquired a great deal.' ~ Queen Victoria of England
5. 'For thousands of years, father and son have stretched wistful hands across the canyon of time.' ~ Alan Valentine
6. 'Honour thy father and thy mother' stands written among the three laws of most revered righteousness.' ~ Aeschylus
7. 'Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance.' ~ Ruth E. Renkel
8. 'Fathers, like mothers, are not born. Men grow into fathers and fathering is a very important stage in their development.' ~ David Gottesman
9. 'I talk and talk and talk, and I haven't taught people in 50 years what my father taught by example in one week.' ~ Mario Cuomo
10. 'He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.' ~ Clarence Budington Kelland
11. 'When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.' ~ Jewish Proverb
12. 'A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.' ~ Knights of Pythagoras
13. 'It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.' ~ Anne Sexton
14. 'A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.' ~ Billy Graham
This Father's Day let's show dad how much we really appreciate everything he did for us. Let's thank him for the time he took to make us who we are today. To all of the best dads in the world -- you know who you are -- the above fourteen Father's Day quotes go out to you.
Article Source: , check out the popular Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.