12 Agatha Christie Quotes to Commemorate the Birth of Arguably the Best Mystery Writer Ever
If you're a fan of mystery novels, it's time to celebrate the birth of one of the best mystery authors ever with a few good Agatha Christie quotes. September 15th marks this remarkable woman's day of birth, and we couldn't let that day go by unnoticed! After all, Agatha has provided us with hours and hours of reading enjoyment. These twelve quotes go out to Agatha and all of her mystery-loving fans.
[caption id="attachment_389" align="aligncenter" width="450"] 12 Agatha Christie Quotes[/caption]
- 'An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.'
- 'Crime is terribly revealing. Try and vary your methods as you will, your tastes, your habits, your attitude of mind, and your soul is revealed by your actions.'
- 'I live now on borrowed time, waiting in the anteroom for the summons that will inevitably come. And then -- I go on to the next thing, whatever it is. One doesn't, luckily, have to bother about that.'
- 'I've always believed in writing without a collaborator, because where two people are writing the same book, each believes he gets all the worry and only half the royalties.'
- 'If one sticks too rigidly to one's principles, one would hardly see anybody.'
- 'It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them.'
- 'One doesn't recognize the really important moments in one's life until it's too late.'
- 'The happy people are failures because they are on such good terms with themselves they don't give a damn.'
- 'There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being, Hastings, cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.'
- 'Every murderer is probably somebody's old friend.'
- 'The human mind prefers to be spoon-fed with the thoughts of others, but deprived of such nourishment it will, reluctantly, begin to think for itself - and such thinking, remember, is original thinking and may have valuable results.'
- 'Everything that has existed, lingers in the Eternity.'
Agatha Christie may be gone, but she is definitely not forgotten. Her memory lives on in our hearts and in our favorite Agatha Christie books. Let's celebrate this wonderful author on the anniversary of her birth. The above twelve Agatha Christie quotes are a great place to start.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/art-and-entertainment-articles/12-agatha-christie-quotes-to-commemorate-the-birth-of-arguably-the-best-mystery-writer-ever-544950.html
About the Author
For more famous quotes, check out the popular Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.