Celebrate the Birthday of A Literary Icon with These 12 Louisa May Alcott Quotes
Author: Noel Jameson
November 29th is the birthday of a literary genius and a pioneer of rights for women. Louisa May Alcott is the author of classic novels, most famously Little Women, which teach generations of people to embrace their talents, work hard throughout life, and enjoy the fruits of their labor.
Let us celebrate the birthday of this inspirational female author with 12 Louisa May Alcott quotes.
1. "Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
2. "Many argue; not many converse."
3. "There are many Beths in the world, shy and quiet, sitting in corners till needed, and living for others so cheerfully that no one sees the sacrifices till the little cricket on the hearth stops chirping, and the sweet, sunshiny presence vanishes, leaving silence and shadow behind."
4. "Housekeeping ain't no joke!"
5. "Money is a needful and precious thing, and when well used, a noble thing, but I never want you to think it is the first or only prize to strive for. I'd rather see you poor men's wives, if you were happy, beloved, contented, than queens on thrones, without self-respect and peace."
6. "Do the things you know, and you shall learn the truth you need to know."
7. "Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be delightful, old age will bring few regrets, and life will become a beautiful success."
8. "Painful as it may be, a significant emotional event can be the catalyst for choosing a direction that serves us-and those around us - more effectively. Look for the learning."
9. " 'Stay' is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary."
10. "A startled or surprised look from one of you when I spoke sharply rebuked me more than any words could have done, and the love, respect, and confidence of my children was the sweetest reward I could receive for my efforts to be the woman I would have them copy."
11. "Resolve to take fate by the throat and shake a living out of her."
12. "I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship."
Whether you are familiar with Ms. Alcott as an author or as an historical figure, she provided for our parents, us and our children truly inspiring words of wisdom. Let us celebrate her birth with these 12 Louisa May Alcott quotes
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.
Article Source: http://www.articlealley.com/http://noeljameson.articlealley.com/celebrate-the-birthday-of-a-literary-icon-with-these-12-louisa-may-alcott-quotes-696041.html