Insightful Love Quotes to Ponder
Can the meaning of love be found in insightful love quotes? After all, mankind has been looking for the true definition of the word for generations. While some may insist that true love can not be summed up in words, I personally beg to differ. These insightful love quotes speak volumes.
1. 'Love is a portion of the soul itself, and it is of the same nature as the celestial breathing of the atmosphere of paradise.' ~ Victor Hugo
2. 'One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is love.' ~ Sophocles
3. 'It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.' ~ Alfred, Lord Tennyson
4. 'Love is a canvas furnished by Nature and embroidered by imagination.' ~ Voltaire
5. Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away.' ~ Dorothy Parker
6. 'To love another person is to see the face of God.' ~ Les Miserables
7. 'Love cures people - both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.' ~ Dr. Karl Menninger
8. Love is the flower of life, and blossoms unexpectedly and without law, and must be plucked where it is found, and enjoyed for the brief hour of its duration.' ~ D. H. Lawrence
9. 'For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult of our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation.' ~ Rainer Maria Rilke
10. 'Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and a richness to life that nothing else can bring.' ~ Oscar Wilde
11. 'Live through feeling and you will live through love. For feeling is the language of the soul, and feeling is truth.' ~ Matt Zotti
12. 'Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.' ~ Author Unknown
13. 'Love won't be tampered with, love won't go away. Push it to one side and it creeps to the other.' ~ Louise Erdrich
14. 'Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible - it cannot be seen or measured - yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more than any material possession ever could.' ~ Barbara De Angelis
It is true that the dictionary does not have an adequate definition of love. After all, it's not easy to put such passion, fire and depth of emotion into words. These 14 insightful love quotes, however, prove that love can indeed be defined.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/home-and-family-articles/insightful-love-quotes-to-ponder-229247.html
About the Author
For more love quotes, check out the popular love quotes section at Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.