6 Grey’s Anatomy Quotes for the Holidays
For those of you who love Grey’s Anatomy, I’ve got the perfect holiday gift for you. While others will be sending you the dreaded fruitcake or mindless greeting cards that you’ll just toss away, I’m sending you six great Grey’s Anatomy quotes to help you bask in the holiday cheer. Okay, so sometimes Grey’s isn’t downright ‘cheery’ but hey, if you’re a fan of the show you love it for all it’s deep, dark humor — right? So here they are, my gift to you, six memorable Grey’s Anatomy quotes.
1. ‘There comes a point in your life, when you’re officially an adult. Suddenly, you’re old enough to vote, drink and engage in other adult activities. Suddenly, people expect you to be responsible, serious, a grown-up. We get taller, we get older. But do we ever really grow up?’ ~ Meredith
2. ‘Well, Dr. Bailey did save your life today. A black woman saved your life, at a great personal cost. So maybe next time you’re looking at your tattoo and you’re thinking how much better all these white guys are better than everyone else. You might wanna think about that. Cause between you and me, if I had been alone in that O.R., you would probably be dead right now. And since we are sharing belief systems, I believe that if you were dead, the world would be a better place.’ ~ George
3. ‘We go into medicine because we want to save lives. We go into medicine because we want to do good. We go into medicine for the rush… for the high… for the ride. But, what we remember at the end of most days are the losses. What we lay awake at night replaying is the pain we caused or failed to cure. The lives we ruined or failed to save. So the experience of practicing medicine rarely resembles the goal.’ ~ Meredith
4. ‘I am painting Burke’s apartment so I can stop calling it Burke’s apartment. A happy color. Red. Like blood.’ ~ Cristina
5. ‘Now I know charting doesn’t seem as exciting as surgery, but it is as important. Believe me when I tell you, penmanship saves lives! Is that a 7, or is that a 9? If I have to ask myself that in the middle of an emergency, your patient is dead. You killed him. With your handwriting. Think about that!’ ~ Izzie
6. ‘For a kiss to be really good, you want it to mean something. You want it to be with someone you can’t get out of your head, so that when your lips finally touch you feel it everywhere. A kiss so hot and so deep you never want to come up for air. You can’t cheat your first kiss. Trust me, you don’t want to. Cause when you find that right person for a first kiss, it’s everything.’ ~ Alex
Some of them can make you warm and fuzzy, others can make you laugh. One thing you have to admit — all six of these Grey’s Anatomy quotes are hard to forget.