14 Inspirational Quotes to Celebrate International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month
International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month is almost upon us and I figured what better time to enjoy some heartwarming inspirational quotes than this? Whether men like to admit it or not, women make this world go round. Don’t believe me? Move all of the women in this world to a different planet and see what happens to your civilization! With that thought in mind, here are 14 inspirational quotes to celebrate this well-deserved holiday.
1. ‘God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I’ve ever met.’ ~ Farrah Fawcett
2. ‘Women are the real architects of society.’ ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe
3. ‘If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.’ ~ Margaret Thatcher
4. ‘The fastest way to change society is to mobilize the women of the world.’ ~ Charles Malik
5. ‘Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.’ ~ Faith Whittlesey
6. ‘Somewhere out in this audience may even be someone who will one day follow in my footsteps, and preside over the White House as the President’s spouse. I wish him well!’ ~ Barbara Bush
7. ‘Women have served all these centuries as looking glasses possessing the magic and delicious power of reflecting the figure of a man at twice its natural size.’ ~ Virginia Woolf
8. ‘Men who treat women as helpless and charming playthings deserve women who treat men as delightful and generous bank accounts.’ ~ Author Unknown
9. ‘Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.’ ~ Timothy Leary
10. ‘Follow your instincts. That’s where true wisdom manifests itself.’ ~ Oprah Winfrey
11. ‘One cannot be always laughing at a man without now and then stumbling on something witty.’ ~ Jane Austen
12. ‘The trouble with some women is they get all excited about nothing – and then they marry him.’ ~ Cher
13. ‘If men can run the world, why can’t they stop wearing neckties? How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a little noose around your neck?’ ~ Linda Ellerbee
14. ‘I earn and pay my own way as a great many women do today. Why should unmarried women be discriminated against – unmarried men are not.’ ~ Dinah Shore
All of us, no matter how big or how small, whether male or female — we all owe our lives to a woman. While Mother’s Day may not be till May, let’s celebrate all the women of the world with these inspirational quotes during International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month.
About the Author
For more inspirational quotes, check out the popular inspirational quotes section of Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in ‘Top 10’ lists of quotations in dozens of categories.